Blessed Ash Wednesday and Welcome to Lent!

Today is Ash Wednesday,  I hope today finds you taking some moments just between you and God. It is so easy to get overwhelmed with all that is going on in the world and in our schedules that we can overlook the gift of Lent.

Lent is an opportunity to "pause," a time to review if what we are doing is nourishing our relationship with God or hindering it.

Some things to think about:

How do I treat my family?

How do I treat my neighbor?

How do I treat my co-workers, or those I run into in my everyday life?

Where could I have done better? Where could I have been kinder, more compassionate or more loving?

Am I talking to my kids enough about Lent so that they connect with the sacrifice and the deep love of God?

Do I go to Mass?

Honestly, the list does go on and we each have our own list.

But Lent is a time that allows us to be transformed.  A time to take a moment to view the person we hope to be in light of the person we currently are.

Isn't it wonderful that God loves us so deeply that in his mercy and grace he allows us to always try again?





Comments

Popular Posts