Fourth Sunday of Advent Update

Here we are already in the 4th Sunday of Advent, hard to believe! In the final week of Christmas  preparations, I hope you can take some time out for yourself to relax in the quiet of God's love.

Sometimes, Christians are the ones who forget what Christmas is about.  I know I have had my moments, (especially when the kids were little), but as I grow older I realize that all of that frenzy actually got in the way of my own Christmas journey if I didn't take time to rest and remember what this is about.

It's all about the story. Our spiritual story. The story of God's great love for us...so great that he chose to live like us so that we could connect with him on the deepest level possible. We know it really happened, we know that Jesus lived and walked the earth, and with faith we know that it was God's greatest gift to us.

I hope that as Advent comes to an end and as Christmas comes that you enjoy that whole season too. Don't shortchange yourself by thinking Christmas ends on the 26th, it is just beginning. The star shines more brightly to announce the birth of our Lord.  I hope you get a chance to see it and to know that just as the shepherds and the wise men were chosen to greet Christ, so are you!


Classes for Grades 1-10 tomorrow Sunday, December 18th. 
Confirmation students should have session 1-3 completed.


On a side note, today is Pope Francis' 80th birthday! WE are so blessed to have him as our example!

Comments

Popular Posts